Wednesday 19 February 2014

Review: Etude House Precious Mineral Any Cushion

(Sponsored)
Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be reviewing Etude House's Precious Mineral Any Cushion, in Light Beige (No.02), provided to me by Cosmetic Love!
http://www.cosmetic-love.com/image/promotion/banner/234-60-half-banner.jpg
I was super curious about this Any Cushion after seeing the Minnie Mouse Any Cushion Container and having no idea what it was for. I did some research, and just found the product so intriguing that I had to try it! 

The Precious Mineral Any Cushion is a small compact, with a sponge that holds a liquid foundation. The beauty of this cushion system is that you can take the Any Cushion outside with you and touch up your makeup without having to handle a liquid foundation. Personally I've never taken a liquid foundation out with me because that's just WAY too much trouble, I usually just smoosh my foundation around with my fingers, blot and powder. >< (So lazy!)
 
"[Features]
This cushion pact perfects all-day radiant and moist skin with its multi-function of brightening, wrinkle-reducing, sebum control and flawless coverage. 
[How to use]
Dab up a certain amount of the product with a puff and spread evenly by lightly patting onto skin. 
[Variation]
# N02 Light Beige, # W13 Natural Beige, # W24 Honey Beige

[Capacity]
15g (0.52 oz.) 
[Ingredients]
WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ZINC OCIDE (CI 77947). TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, DICAPRYLYL CARBONATE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, CETYL PEG/PPG- 10/1 DIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, NIACINAMIDE, ACRYLATES/ETHYLHEXYL ACRYLATE/DIMETHICONE METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, PHENYL, TRIMETHICONE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, MOTHER OF PEARL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, STEARIC ACID, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, CAPRYLRL GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, DISODIUM EDTA, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, ADENOSINE, ALCOHOL, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), FRAGRANCE" (1)

 
The cardboard box the Any Cushion comes in is pretty standard, but very cute! It's pink and white, with shiny silver writing and stars!
Each side of the box has an ingredients list and instructions on how to use the product. One side is Korean, one side is English.
The casing looks like a regular compact (although slightly chubbier than your usual compact) and comes with a cute little sponge and a mirror.

Underneath the top flap is the actual product, which looks like a giant wet sponge! >< The foundation does not come out of the sponge/cushion unless you press it, so it's super clean and easy to transport. I wouldn't reccomend sticking your finger all the way in there like I did if you have long nails, because the foundation gets stuck underneath your nails >< (just like dipping your finger in a foundation bottle).

I was pretty worried that this would be too dark for me, but I was pleasantly surprised! It's definitely on the edge of being too dark, but it's very warm toned so I can juuust get away with it!^^
I used the sponge that came with the Any Cushion to apply the foundation. The sponge is thick, soft, easy to use, doesn't leave streaks and doesn't absorb the foundation. I also used my Beauty Blender to create a lovely soft finish after using the provided sponge, but it's not necessary to use a different sponge as well, (just my preference).
Texture and Coverage
The foundation has a very thin texture, but quite full coverage. None of these photos have been retouched (no air brushing or blemish control) which I am SUPER proud of! This is mostly due to my new skincare regime (next weeks review) but also a lot to do with the coverage of this product. It looks very natural, but it also covers my pores, redness, scars and hyper-pigmentation (not the super dark ones though) and my freckles. I am so impressed! :3

Oil Control and Lasting Power
The lasting power is pretty good, but the oil control is not. It's not specifically marketed as an oil control product so I don't expect too much, but it did make me quite shiny around my T-Zone. If I touch the shiny patches with my fingers, the product comes off. If I don't touch it, the foundation stays fine, just shiny! I did trial this in summer heat so it won't be too bad during winter, but it could be a deal breaker for some people. For me, I will just blot and powder at around 5 hours, and I'll be fine!

Colour
Very warm toned and quite pale. I have the slightest tan, so at the moment this is quite a good colour for me, but during winter I think it might be too dark. This is definitely not for cool toned skin.


Things I Love
- Very warm toned
- Quite pale
- Inexpensive and refillable
- You can get cute cases! ^.^
- Easy to take out shopping
- Fantastic sponge included
- Great coverage and pore control


Things I Don't Love
- Not very good for oily skin
- Almost too dark

Final Thoughts
I cannot express how happy I am with this product! I was able to complete this review so fast because I wasn't constantly touching up the photos, and the fact that it's so close to being a perfect colour for me is fantastic! It's perfect to take out for a day shopping where you might need some minor touch-ups, it's pretty inexpensive ($20USD), you can buy cute Minnie Mouse cases and refills, and it's just such a lovely product with great natural yet full coverage. I would recommend it for fair, warm toned girls, or girls that are looking for a portable liquid product! ^.^

Also a huge thank you to Cosmetic Love for sponsoring this product! ^.^ Go check out their store for all your Korean cosmetic needs, plus free shipping worldwide!
http://www.cosmetic-love.com/image/promotion/banner/234-60-half-banner.jpg

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I agree with your opinion.
    I have light pink skin and winter for me it is dark and yellow :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I am really tempted to get it! It looks so good on you! Especially intriguing are the high sun protection and the natural finish.

    http://www.ai-no-storia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, this is too flawless babe! <3

    www.elinivana.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous as usual! Very thorough/good review. =) Btw, your eyebrows are amazing! Do you fill them at all? I'm jealous haha, they look so neat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey. I'll buy this. But i can't be sure about colour. It's similar with missha perfect bb cream? I'm using missha bb cream no:21. Can you help me about that?

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...