Friday 1 August 2014

First Impressions: LUSH Fair Trade Honey Shampoo

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about Lush's Fair Trade Honey Shampoo! I was given this little pot of golden goodness when I purchased a full size of Angels on Bare Skin, and I thought I'd give it a quick First Impression review since I don't have much luck with Lush's hair care range usually!


What Is It?

Fairly Traded Honey Shampoo

"Over half of this shampoo consists of Fairly Traded honey, which is beautifully moisturizing and gives hair shine and luster. All that honey has allowed us to make this one preservative-free, too! While 50% is honey, 20% is linseed mucilage, which has a lovely texture and is moisturizing and conditioning. Fairly Traded Honey is suitable for almost everyone, but with all these moisturizing ingredients, it is specifically lovely on hair in need of moisture

Ingredients
Fairly Traded Honey , Linseed Mucilage (Linum usitatissimum) , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Sunflower Lecithin (Lecithin) , Lauryl Betaine , Geranium Oil (Pelargonium graveolens) , Beeswax Absolute , Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara) , Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) , Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia) , *Citral , *Geraniol , Citronellol , *Limonene , *Linalool , *Benzyl Salicylate , *Eugenol , Benzyl Benzoate , *Farnesol , Hydroxycitronellol , Fragrance " (1)
It has the scent and appearance of a quite thin honey (since it contains 50% honey!) but it's quite a heavy and sweet scent. This may sound like a no-brainer, but if you don't like the smell of honey, stay away from this shampoo because, like every Lush shower item I've tried, it will leave a lingering scent on everything, including your shower, towels, pillows and clothes. 

I find that this shampoo works really well for my hair, it lathers well and it gave me a really good deep clean without leaving my hair feeling stripped or dry. I quite like the smell while I'm doing my hair, although I dislike sniffing it straight from the pot because it's so potent!

Would I Purchase This Product?
Yes! I really liked using this shampoo, and at $36.90NZD for 500g it's a reasonably priced product since you don't really need to use too much. I quite like the honey scent, and it keeps my hair looking heavy or greasy! This is being added to the list of LUSH products that I would be happy to recommend to my friends! ^. ~

What are your favorite LUSH products? I'd love to try out some more!

1 comment:

  1. I've always really loved LUSH products especially their hair care products >.< But I rarely go to LUSH anymore since I don't have one near my college. :( But thanks for the review! It sounds so good!

    Love, Aimee
    Please Join my Blogiversary International Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...