Friday 3 October 2014

First Impression: LUSH Herbalism

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about one of LUSH's amazing cleansers - Herbalism! I've already done a First Impression on the LUSH Angels on Bare Skin cleanser which I absolutely loved (and subsequently finished a whole pot of) so when I went back to repurchase Angels, the LUSH Staff also sent me home a massive tester pot of Herbalism to see if I liked it just as much!

What Is It?
Herbal cleanser for troubled skin

"Battling with oily, blemish-prone skin? Cleanse with Herbalism and experience the power of herbs. Its gently exfoliating, deep-cleansing base of kaolin clay and rice bran mops up excess oils, and a toning blend of rosemary, nettle and chamomile leaves skin feeling fresh, clean and calm. This gentle green giant contains chlorophyllin, which is extracted from alfalfa plants: it’s rich in nourishing vitamins and minerals, and helps to balance out your skin’s oil production. Say hello to clear, balanced skin!
Features

  • Oily skin no more! Use Herbalism all over your body for balanced, matte skin.
  • Have a sensitive side? Oily skin can be sensitive, too! We’ve included rose absolute to soothe and calm as you cleanse.
  • Best used fresh: Our cleanser rolls are preservative-free, so be sure to use it up by the best before date on your pot!" 
Ingredients
 Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis) , Kaolin , Glycerine , Chlorophyllin Water (Aqua) , Nettle, Rosemary, Rice Vinegar Extract (Urtica dioica, Rosmarinus officinalis) , Rice Bran (Oryza sativa) , Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides) , Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia) , Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis) , Sage Oil (Salvia sclarea) , Fragrance(1)
Herbalism is so similar to Angels on Bare Skin, except that Herbalism is a pale Shrek green colour and smells a little like vinegar, whereas Angels smells like Lavender and looks like clay. I definitely prefer the scent of Angels, but interestingly enough the boyfriend prefers the scent of Herbalism!


Just like Angels, Herbalism made my skin feel absolutely amazing! It's such an amazing exfoliator which is gentle enough to use on tender breakouts or every day if you feel like it! It felt moisturizing, but cleansing at the same time, my face didn't feel tight after cleansing like it sometimes does with foaming cleansers.

I didn't feel any extra oil controlling factors in comparison to using Angels on Bare Skin, nor any acne controlling factors. I found that Angels exfoliated a little more than Herbalism since it has lavender flower in it, and I also majorly preferred the smell of Angles as opposed to Herbalism.

Would I Purchase This Product?
No, but only because I prefer Angles on Bare Skin! Herbalism made my skin feel amazingly soft, clean and supple, but I really disliked the herby, vinegary smell. I didn't think that Herbalism made any difference to my acne or oily skin, so Angels on Bare Skin wins for me! ^.^

What are you favorite LUSH products?

2 comments:

  1. I like that the ingredients are all natural. It sounds like a great product! But to be honest, I only use coconut oil on my face...oil fights oil. :)

    xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard many good things about this cleanser ^.^ I haven't tried it out though, since I also prefer Angels on Bare Skin (it just smells so heavenly)
    http://redsakurabeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...