Wednesday 30 September 2015

Review: NYX Matte Finish Long Lasting Setting Spray

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about the NYX Matte Finish Long Lasting Setting Spray! I purchased my spray a little while ago, and since then NYX has updated their setting sprays with much cuter packaging, but the product remains the same.


"Demand Perfection! For that fresh make up look that lasts, NYX Makeup Setting Sprays are lightweight and comfortable while working hard to make sure your makeup stays put. Available in a gorgeous Matte Shine-Free Finish or Dewy Fresh Glow.

• What it is: A lightweight makeup setting spray that works hard to make sure your makeup stays put. Available in a Matte Shine-Free Finish or Dewy fresh glow.
• What it does: Keeps makeup looking fresh with that “just-applied” look from day to night.
• Why we love it: When you spend the time for your makeup to be just right, it’s nice to keep it
looking that way.

Artist tips / Suggested use
• How to use: Shake, spray and set! Shake the bottle and spray onto your face from a 6 inch distance. The spray will then set your makeup resisting unwanted color fade


INGREDIENTS / INGRÉDIENTS: Water / Aqua / Eau, Alcohol, VP/VA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Sodium Salicylate, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Mahonia Aquifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenoxyethanol."(1)
This setting spray is really easy to use, the spray is really solid and sprays out a lovely fine mist. It has an alcoholic smell, but it's not overpowering at all and dries down quickly. I find that it makes my face look much less powdery, but it doesn't make it appear any more matte when first applied. 

On these pictures I've set the left half of my face with the setting spray. The left photo shows the spray after it's first applied, the right photo shows the spray after 6 hours. Can you see any difference?
I'll cut right to the chase. I was quite happily using this setting spray because I could, and then while taking the pictures for this review I decided to test it by spraying only the left half my face so I could document the difference between the set side and un-set side. There really is absolutely no difference to using this setting spray and not, other than having a less powdery appearance, which happens if you wet your face with anything really.


What I Love
- Inexpensive
- Good solid spray
- Gets rid of any powdery finish


What I Don't Love
- Doesn't help make up last longer
- Doesn't help make up stay matte
- Doesn't make make up appear matte


Final Thoughts
This is another product that I have blindly been using and thinking that it was helping when in reality it just doesn't do much at all. This isn't a bad product at all as it doesn't do any harm and it makes my face look less powdery, but that's really all it does. It doesn't help my make up look matte, it doesn't help it stay matte or last any better than it usually would.
 
I wouldn't really recommend this setting spray at all because it really doesn't do that much other than making my face appear less powdery. I'd rather use the TonyMoly Pocket Bunny Mists because at least they have some skincare benefits!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing such an informative blog with us.I really found it useful. Keep sharing more with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame that this was useless!
    The tonymoly bunny mist is definitely a better choice :3 It's also much cuter hehe
    http://redsakurabeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Along with the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer, this setting spray has completely changed the way my makeup looks and stays on. I usually apply my makeup around 7:00 each morning. Prior to using this combination, my makeup would look terrible by 1:00. Ever since I started using the primer with this setting spray, my makeup will stay on well until 9:00 or 10:00 at night without coming off or looking bad. I've even slept in my makeup before (don't judge! haha) and woke up the next day with my foundation still in tact... http://deadseaproductstore.com

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...