Wednesday 25 November 2015

Review: Etude House Tear Drop Liner

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Etude House Tear Drop Liners! I've been steadily collecting these since 2012 (whaat) and now that I've finally located the last shade for a reasonable price I can finally review all four shades! ^.^
"Etude House Tear Eye Liner is a shimmery liquid eyeliner that brightens eyes with a delightful sheer, sparkling finish. The thin brush applicator comes with a mini tip for precise and mess-free application. Apply it on the lower lash line to make eyes appear bigger and doll-like, for a charming wide-eyed, innocent look.

Directions: Apply to lower lash line for a brighter, wider looking eye. Or add to the top for a pop of sparkle and shine."(1)

The packaging of this product is cute, but impractical. I struggle to stand them upright because the cap is too long and heavier than the base. The applicator wand is very long and thin, making it hard to get an even application, resulting in chunky glitter.

1: White Tear
White Tear contains bright sliver and bronze glitter, and has the thinnest formula out of the four. It's super subtle and suitable for everyday wear.

Looking straight on it's a little difficult to see the tear liner at all, but from a side angle you can see the pretty glitters in all their glory! I like this shade, but it's so subtle that it can't really be seen in photographs.
Super subtle shimmers, perfect for everyday cute eye bags!
2: Silver Tear
Silver Tear has dark silver and bronze glitter, though is mostly composed of a thinner shimmer.
Again, this shade doesn't reflect that well from front on, but it provides are gorgeous bright sparkle from side on. This shade doesn't look chunky on the eyes and has more shimmer than full on glitter. (Lenses are GEO Fresh Brown).
Pearl Tear is predominantly pink and white shimmer with some bigger chunks of glitter.

This shade is a little more prominent than the previous two and looks really cute when I smile and puff up my Aegyo Sal. This shade is quite thick which makes it look brighter, but it also makes it flake off quicker. I use this shade if I want a bright inner corner highlight for a short period of time.
I adore the puffy eye bag/Aegyo Sal look!
 4: Sunlight Tear
Sunlight Tear has bright gold and bronze glitter, and is the thickest and brightest out of the four shades.
Sunlight tear looks lovely on they eyes, not too bright but still sparkly! I like that they included a warm toned colour as the other three shades are quite cool toned.

Here is a comparison of all of the shades on my eyes! You can definitely see the difference in texture and colour.

What I Love
- Good range of colours
- Mostly inexpensive
- Easy to use
- Look super cute on eye bags!
- Last well on the eyes (the thicker the application the more it will flake)


What I Don't Love
- Can turn out looking chunky/flakey
- A little hard to store due to the packaging


Final Thoughts
I absolutely adore the Etude House Tear Drop Liners, though I feel like if they repackaged them I would like them a lot more. In comparison to the Dreaming Swan Eye Volumers, I prefer this thinner applicator over the massive doe foot applicator on the Eye Volumer, but the Eye Volumer has much better outer packaging. These Tear Drop Liners look gorgeous on the eyes, last really well (unless you build it up too thick and then it will flake off) and they're quite easy to apply. I haven't really found anything else that is quite as nice as these tear drop liners, but I'm sure that I would review and compare them if I do find some in the future! ^.^

I would definitely recommend these Tear Drop Liners for any Princesses looking for a tear liner that is easy to apply, cutely (though irritatingly) packaged with a good colour range!

13 comments:

  1. The pearl looks stunning, very subtle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely one of my favourite shades! ^.^

      Delete
  2. I recently purchased the White Tear one for my BeautynetKorea haul and I'm so excited to try it~! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. They are! It's a pity the packaging kinda sucks ><

      Delete
  4. Ooh, the sunlight tear one looks really nice! ^.^
    http://redsakurabeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing on your! The sunlight tear is beautiful. I've always wanted to tries these out but I feel like it'd look super messy on me :<

    http://stressedbutkawaii.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! (: Naaw I think you can do it!

      Delete
  6. Wow I love the looks you created, the simmer is nice. I use a similar pencil for that eye look. It liquid seems good too, interesting to try

    Beautish.byMaya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use pencils too, but this is almost softer on the eye! ^.^

      Delete
  7. The sunlight is my favourite ❤️

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...