Wednesday 23 December 2015

Review: Maybelline Fit Me Dewy & Smooth Foundation VS Fit Me Matte & Poreless Foundation 110 Porecelain

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be reviewing and comparing the Maybelline Fit Me Foundations in Dewy & Smooth and Matte & Poreless! I have both formulas in the shade 110 Porcelain and these are fantastic fair shades at great drugstore prices, though if you are in New Zealand you will have to import these shades as NZ doesn't stock them. BOO!
Fit Me (Dewy & Smooth) Foundation
"Flawless. Fresh, breathing, natural skin. Beyond matching: Fresh, breathing, natural skin. SPF 18.

Why You'll Love It
It's makeup that fits you. No oils, no waxes, no nonsense, Natural coverage that leaves skin the way it was meant to be... Fresh, breathing, flawless. Exclusive translucent base and lightweight pigments allow skin's natural highs and lows to show through. Seamless blending for light to medium coverage, Non-comedogenic, dermatologist tested.
SPF 18"(1)
This is the original Fit Me foundation! It initially wasn't called Dewy & Smooth, but now apparently it is, so let just roll with it. It's a gorgeous pale colour, but this shade is a little too neutral for my skin, it does look a little pink toned on my face, but it is manageable for me. This foundation does oxidise a fair bit on my arm, but I don't notice it at all on my face.
This foundation is really easy to apply, brushes, sponges or fingers all work perfectly well for this product and leave a lovely streak free finish. This is a very natural looking foundation, but that also means that it doesn't have that much coverage and doesn't do much for my pores and scarring.
Matte & Poreless Foundation
"Fit Me! Matte + Poreless from Maybelline New York goes beyond skin tone matching to fit the unique texture issues of normal to oily skin for the ultimate natural skin fit. While some foundations can exaggerate pores and oily skin, only our pore‑minimising foundation contains our genius blurring micro-powders that erase pores and absorb oil for a naturally matte and poreless‑looking finish.
 

Why You'll Love It
Blotting micro powders absorbs oil for a matte finish.
Lightweight blur technology erases pores for an airbrushed look.
"(2)

This foundation starts off as the perfect, warm toned colour for my skin, but does oxidise slightly on my arm. I haven't noticed it oxidising on my face, it just seems to be that the more I rub and blend the darker it gets.
I found this foundation also really easy to apply with fingers, sponges or brushes. It leaves me with a streak-free and non spotty finish and doesn't dry down too quickly which makes it easier to re blend if needed. I found that it helped smooth out pores a little, though I don't think it's revolutionary technology helping it. It's a great shade for my skin and I found that it helped control oil slightly, though not to the extent that it claims.
Dewy & Smooth VS Matte and Poreless
Like I said previously, my Foundation doesn't say Dewy & Smooth because it's the original release so I didn't label the photos as such, but here is a direct comparison between the shades!
The Dewy & Smooth Foundation is noticeably pinker than the Matte & Poreless Foundation, but the Matte & Poreless Foundation oxidises slightly more than the Dewy & Smooth! I don't notice this oxidisation on my face though.
 I can't really tell the difference between each side in any of these photos or while in real life, they pretty much look like the same foundation. One of the major differences I noticed is that the dry skin on my eyelids was flakier on the Dewy & Smooth side in comparison to the Matte & Poreless side which really surprised me!
I feel like the Matte & Poreless Foundation smoothed my pores just a little more than the Dewy & Smooth Foundation, but they had pretty much the same oil control, which was average. I feel so repetitive, but since I'm on acne medication right now my skin doesn't produce very much oil (and won't until March 2016 YAY) so I was surprised to see that this foundation looked pretty glowy on both sides. It didn't look too oily or sweaty, only glowy which isn't too bad. I do remember the Dewy & Smooth formula making my skin look pretty melty after a couple of hours, though I will have to update this next year!

Fit Me Dewy & Smooth

What I Love
- Doesn't oxidise as much
- Great pale, neutral colour
- Easy to apply


What I Don't Love
- Ever so slightly too pink
- Not great on dry flaky skin
- Not really dewy or smooth
- Not oil controlling
- Doesn't help my large pores 


Fit Me Matte & Poreless

What I Love
- Easy to apply
- Not streaky or spotty
- Great colour, neutral to warm toned
- Smooths pores a little (not fantastic though)  


What I Don't Love
- Oxidises slightly on arm swatches, though not on my face
- Not really oil controlling


Final Thoughts
I found it so funny to wear both of these foundations at the same time because in reality, the difference is really quite minimal. I believe that the Matte & Poreless is the best for my skin because it is a little warmer toned and a little better for oil control. Both of these foundations are great shades for Pale Princesses and at great drugstore prices.
I would recommend the Dewy & Smooth Foundation for Princesses that are quite pale and neutral toned and the Matte & Poreless for Princesses that are quite pale and warm toned, because that's probably the biggest difference between the two formulas.

8 comments:

  1. I love Maybelline Fit Me Matte ^-^ I find it works well with oily skin and foundation looks so smooth and weightless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice video.. They look so similar.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are they compared to their L'oreals "competitors"? the infallible foundations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually haven't used the L'Oreal ones sorry!

      Delete
  4. Hello! I want to buy FIT ME foundations both the matte and dewy finish I just don't know what shade to get. If I'm LIGHT in your fit me concealer, what's my shade in fit me foundation? Thank you! I'll wait for you reply. Please email me here lovelyygeniston@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the FIT ME foundation, makes my face look so pretty lol :D I actually bought a bottle and got the wrong shade, so got a refund from here http://www.fabfreesamples.co.uk/free-maybelline-foundation/ and it worked :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...