Wednesday 27 April 2016

Review: Etude House XOXO Minnie Collection

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Etude House XOXO Minnie Collection! This is a Limited Edition collection, so naturally some of these products are no longer available, but some still are so don't worry!


Minnie Kissing Lips
The packaging of these lipsticks is super cute! The pink comes with a polka-dot cap, and the red has a glamorous picture of Minnie on the front. The pink shade is super cute, but the red shade is very glamorous! I really like both colours, since the pink is a great day time colour and the red is beautiful for a night out.

Bubble Pink

Bubble Pink is a vibrant mid toned pink, and perfect for daily wear!
This shade does tend to accentuate flaws in the lips, so lip prep is a must for this shade! This shade can also be over-applied, and tends migrate to the edges of my lips. Blotting is a good choice for me in this instance so that I get the full intense colour without the extra moosh of 2 layers of product.
 Minnie Red
This is an orange based red and is super glamorous! I don't find that this shade requires as much lip prep as the pink, and in general it does wear better. It is much easier to use a lip liner to get a crisp line, but I can do it without a liner in a pinch/in another 2mins.
Look At My Eyes Cafe
These adorable eye shadows are part of a larger collection that Etude House does called Look at My Eyes. These shades are Limited Edition of course, but the quality of the shadows are the same throughout the collection. These shadows are packaged cutely, but the clasp on these are super hard to open which is why some shades have little fingernail chunks taken out of them! They also have a super cute heart pattern pressed into the pan which is a sweet touch!
 BE104
The first shadow is called BE104 and is a bright, sparkley  beige. This shadow comes packaged with a printed bow rather than the polka dots like the other shades, but I find the packaging still super ultra cute!
This is probably my favourite shadow because I use it the most, and I generally use it on the inner corner of my eyelid! This also works really well on the centre of the lid to sparkle up any base colour since it's really just a pressed gold glitter. It's really beautiful, and I find that it works best for a night out because it is really intensely glittery in real life!
 PK005
PK005 is a matte, muted peach shade! This shade looks lovely as a blusher, but I tend to use it more as a transition crease colour. This makes shadows heaps easier to blend out since it is quite a neutral colour.
It is quite subtle, and it is meant to be! The role of a transitional crease colour is often to blend colours together seamlessly and this shade does the job beautifully!
 PK006
PK006 is a matte, hot pink! This is obviously an eye shadow, but I don't really have a use for this sort of shade because I'm not that big on bright shadows. Instead, this makes a beautiful blush! I do need to use it sparingly since it is quite vibrant, but it gives me a beautiful flush.
 Minnie Touch Blush
This is a multi blusher that flushes cheeks for a lovely Minnie look.
This blush incorporates three different colours shaped into a little picture of minnies head! The blush was originally very detailed, but after one use the details disappeared. It's still super cute though! The best quality of this blush is that you are able to use the colours separately, or swish them together!
The three shades are very pastel in colour, and quite light. The combined colour is a beautiful pinky peach shade, but is still quite light in colour. I'm not sure how good this shade would look on darker skin tones since it barely shows up on my light skin tone.
This blush is rather chalky and since it's not overly pigmented it does tend to look dry on my cheeks if I use enough of the blusher to make the colour show up. Below I used just the purple shade on my cheeks and it gives me a very bright glow, but not much colour at all (I can barely see a difference in photos). 
Below I used the orange shade, and again you can barely see a difference, just a slight warming effect. The orange shows up the least on my skin since I have warm toned skin anyway!
The pink is the most pigmented shade and shows up the easiest on my cheeks. But then again, it's still difficult to see the colour in photographs.
Even using all three shades together results in a very faint colour on camera. It looks quite sweet in real life, it's a very pastel pinky peach shade.
Minnie Touch Highlighter
Highlighter that makes skin bright and beautiful with various pearls and voluming effect.
This highlighter is made up of three different shades, and shaped into the head of minnie mouse just like the blusher! You can choose to use the colours separately, or merge them into one.
I don't feel like these colours are different enough to be used separately, though I have used shades 1-3 in the photo below receptively. I just don't see so much of a difference between the three photos.
But, combined I think that this highlighter is quite sweet! It's bright enough to be highlighting for my skin, it's sparkly enough to give me a good glow, but it's not overwhelming.

What I Love
- Super cute packaging
- Really wearable colours
- All of the products do their job pretty effectively


What I Don't Love
- Limited Edition (of course!)
- Blush is a little chalky and not so pigmented
- Blush and Highlight don't contain mirrors (not the end of the world, but preferable for me personally)


Final Thoughts
I really love this little collection! I adore most things that are Disney themed, and these really are no exception, they're adorably packaged, and mostly work quite well. They weren't horrifically expensive for me to purchase which is quite nice also! The only things that I don't like about this collection is that the blush is fairly subtle and that the blush and highlighter do not have mirrors in the lids which is my personal preference, but obviously not a necessity. If you can find them still, they're worth the purchase for some beautiful products!

I would recommend these products to any Disney loving Princesses! :3 

I also talked about the nail collection here!


Where to buy:
KollectionK: Blush and Nail Polish Only

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. The eyeshdows and blush are really good! I like them!
    http://littleroselily.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
  2. The packaging looks adorable! I'd love to try some of these products x

    Liz ~ Dreaming of Diamonds

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...