Friday 27 May 2016

First Impression: Yves Saint Laurent Fusion Ink Foundation

Hello Princesses!

Today I'm going to be talking about the YSL Fusion Ink Foundation in B10! I saw this at my local YSL counter and was immediately interested by their lightest shade, B10 and asked for a cheeky sample pot (because seriously, who just buys an $80 foundation without a test run, come on).
What Does It Do?
"FEELS LIKE A FEATHER. WEARS LIKE AN INK. NO MORE COMPROMISE. 24 hours of soft-matte perfection and comfort. Our exclusive fine-as-ink formula perfects the skin yet wears weightlessly all day. Never cakey or heavy. Feel the difference of all day perfection and freedom. SPF 18. Available in 21 shades.

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 3%

Inactive Ingredients: Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Isododecane, Alcohol Denat, Vinyl Dimenthicone/Methicone, Silsequioxane, Crosspolymer, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Water, Propylene Carbonate, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Silica Silyate, Fragrance, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Aluminum Hydroxide, Benzyl Alcohol, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides"(1)
This shade is delightfully light, but slightly too beige to secure my love. I'm really interested to see what the Warm Porcelain looks like, but sadly NZ doesn't stock the middle shades *shakes fist*
This shade seems to do a fairly good job though, it blends well into my neck, only making my neck look slightly jaundiced rather than looking like I have a pink face.
This foundation provides fine coverage, though I wouldn't call it full coverage. I absolutely love the texture and finish of this foundation, it does actually feel like ink and has a soft matte finish, just like the description states.
This is what the colour looks like in a warm toned photo (my camera is either very blue or very orange, yes I am aware) but I think this foundation fits well enough. Awesome!
After about 8 hours of wear this foundation looks pretty good! I was sick while taking these photos, but  you can see that my nose still looks pretty dam good after being blown constantly throughout the day.


Would I Purchase This Product?
I actually would if I had the money! This foundation works well with my skin, looks natural (not too dewy or cakey and unnatural) and seems to last fairly well on my now slightly oily skin! I do remember the hype of this product last year, and I can definitely see why everyone liked it so much, but it is slightly out of my price point right now, but in the future I would love to own this foundation! ^ ^

I would definitely recommend this foundation for any Princesses looking for a soft matte foundation that wears really nicely.

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, this looks really beautiful and just dewy enough but also the right amount of matte. I'll pick up a sample next time I'm near a counter!

    Elese | elesedowden.com

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...