Monday 8 August 2016

Fail or Holy Grail Review: Below Average Products

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about some below average products! I didn't have any outstanding Fail or Holy Grail products to talk about this month, so instead of talking about a Fail product, I thought I would instead talk about some products that were below average, but didn't warrant a fail review. I'm doing the same for the Holy Grail post in two weeks, but I have a lot more Above Average products to talk about since if it's below average I usually end up not reviewing them and either selling them or giving them away.

Etude House I Need You Hand Cream
This little hand cream comes in the cutest little tub, but oh my gosh the hand cream inside was just useless. It smelt nice, but it didn't moisturise my hands at all which was the sole purpose of the product. However, it does make an excellent bobby pin storage container!


The Body Shop Vanilla  Bliss Shimmer Lotion
This lotion smells amazing, I adore the vanilla scent! Sadly the shimmer in this lotion ends up adhering to my hands rather than my body and takes ages to wash off. The shimmer that does get applied to my body rubs off on all my clothing or any chairs that I sit on. It also doesn't moisturise that well either which is quite disappointing as I usually like The Body Shop products!


Skinfood Black Sugar Wash Off Mask
I was so excited to try this wash off mask, but as soon as I touched it I knew it wasn't going to work well with my skin. This is so abrasive. It literally feels like my LUSH lib scrub since they're both sugar scrubs! I don't know who in the world can use a scrub this harsh (unless you're a fan of the St Ives Apricot Scrub) but oh wow no. At least this makes an excellent leg scrub.


Dolly Wink Eyebrow Pencil
I adore the Dolly Wink Liquid Eye liners, but the Eyebrow Pencil is definitely below average. This has no colour pay off, is as hard as a brick and hurts a little bit to apply. I do like the spooly on the end though which is very helpful! I'm not sure why I don't consider this a full Fail Product, I think it's because it does work, it's just not pleasant to use.


These are all my below average products for the time being, I'm sure you can see why I didn't want to post a full review on each of them >< they're just not interesting enough to warrant a full post! I hope you enjoyed this different style of post for today, I'll be back with the Fails and Holy Grails next month! ^ ^

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I've heard so many good things about the skinfood scrub, too bad it didn't work out for you :(

    Suzy
    pret-tea.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the skinfood scrub is amazing! of course you have to combine it with a little of water (depends how do you want it) so the sugar melts.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...