Wednesday 28 September 2016

Review: The Face Shop Lovely Me:ex Pastel Cushion Blusher

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about The Face Shop Lovely Me:ex Pastel Cushion Blusher! These little blushers look super cute, and the collection comes with five cute colours!

"Lovely Me:Ex Pastel Cushion Blusher is a lovely powder blush compact in a range of sweet shades. This long-lasting and non-chalky powder blush gives you a vibrant glow to your face makeup. Encased in a very sweet packaging, this product is also infused with sebum controlling powder that avoids excessive oil production."(1)
These blushes come housed in cute little card containers with cute decorations on the top. There are puffs inside to apply the blush, but I find these really hard to use since it's hard to hold onto the little bow.
There are five shades in the collection ranging from super pale pink to peachy pink! In general, these blushes are not that pigmented, you can see how powdery they look in the swatches, and it is quite necessary to knock off your brush before applying the blush as it does create a bit of fallout.
Rose
The first shade is Rose, which is a rose pink with silver shimmer.
This shade is my favourite from the collection. It's has the best pigmentation, and is a shade that should be flattering for most skin tones.
I really like how this shade looks on my skin, it's subtle and pretty!
Coral
Coral is a pretty coral with subtle silver shimmer.
Coral is my second favourite shade! This one does need a couple of layers to show up on my skin even though I do have quite light skin.
But it does look quite nice when applied! It's a really pretty colour, I just wish it was more pigmented and less powdery.
Plum
Plum is a pretty pale pink with silver shimmer.
This shade looks so pretty, but it's a struggle to actually see it on my skin. I really need to pack on two or three layers to get the colour below, and you can barely see that.
Though it does look pretty when I can see it!
Pink
Pink is a super pale pink with no shimmer.
Pink is even harder to apply than Plum as it's much lighter. It's very powder, and requires three to four layers to get the below colour. If you stare really hard at my cheek you can almost see a smidgeon of pink!
Again, once you can see the colour it does look nice, but it takes quite a lot of effort to see the colour. It reminds me of Etude House Lovely Cookie Blusher in Strawberry Choux when I use 4-5 layers!
Peach
Peach is a pretty light orange shade with no shimmer.
This shade is the second most pigmented shade in the collection, but it's still quite powdery. Even though it's pigmented in the arm swatch, it's not a shade that shows up that well on my face.
This is actually my least favourite shade because I don't like how it looks on my skin personally, but it's not bad in general! It's the same as the rest of the blushers where it needs a couple of layers on the skin to be even slightly seen.

What I Love
- Super cute packaging
- Cute colour range
- Fairly inexpensive at around $6USD each 


What I Don't Love
- Very powdery with a lot of fall out
- Some colours are barely seen on the cheeks
- Does ruin dewy skin as it's so powdery  


Final Thoughts
These blushes are really cute, but not really winners in my book aside from the Rose shade. They're all really powdery which makes them hard to apply, there is quite a lot of powder fall out which can get on my clothes, and since they make my cheeks looks matte and powdery it does tend to ruin the dewy look I often go for. However, they are not awful, they work when you apply a few layers, but for the price point there are substantially better blushes out there.

I would recommend the The Face Shop Lovely Me:ex Pastel Cushion Blusher for any Princesses looking for blushers in cute box packaging that have subtle colour pay off.

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Awwww!! very cute! I love them all and they all look great on you! :)

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precioso! he tenido varias veces la tentación de comprarlos!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...