Thursday 28 December 2017

Review: Etude House Zero Sebum Drying Powder

Hello Princesses!
Today I'm going to be talking about the Etude House Zero Sebum Drying Powder! I picked this up for my full face of Etude House because it seemed like a nice setting powder, and I ended up trying it once or twice and not particularly enjoying it, so I thought I would review it so I can tell you exactly why it doesn't work out for me!
No sebum powder, contains 80% mineral that makes skin look clear and matte without clumps.
This powder has very pretty, functional packaging. It comes with a velvety puff which I don't use because I find that they pick up too much powder for me. The powder itself is white in colour, though blends out to be translucent on my skin. It leaves a very soft finish, it almost feels like silicone on my skin.
I enjoy applying my powders with a large fluffy brush because I get the best thin, even distribution of powder. As always, this is very easy to apply.
Initially, this powder leaves my skin looking super soft, matte and pretty smooth too. However, it does actually make my skin feel dry and tight which is a new feeling for me personally when using a setting powder. This is called a "drying" powder, but I assumed this would be more for drying up sebum, not making my face feel dry in general.
For the longevity test I wanted to test this against my current HG which is the Skinfood Peach Cotton Powder. I used the Etude House on the photo left side of my face and the Skinfood on the photo right. They both have pretty similar oil control which is really nice, though it is important to note that my skin is more on the "normal" side than it is the oily side these days.
I flipped these photos so I didn't look like I was making out with myself ha. On closer inspection you can definitely see that the Etude House powder makes the dry patches on my skin look a lot worse, there is a lot of cakiness on that side of my nose and mouth that just isn't there on the other side.
What I Love
- Pretty, functional packaging
- Super soft velvety feel
- Easy to apply with a fluffy brush
- Soft, matte, smooth finish
- Pretty good oil control for me


What I Don't Love
- Makes my skin feel dry and tight
- Accentuates dry patches throughout the day


Final Thoughts
This is initially a really nice powder, but literally at the end of the day it's not a powder that looks good on my skin. Potentially, this is a product that is meant for the oiliest skin, but I honestly don't think that the oil control is quite that good. I find that it makes my skin feel dry and tight, and it really accentuates the dry patches of skin throughout the day which is really not that nice. It's not a product that I will continue to use personally, but I would really like to hear about any other experiences with this powder!


I would recommend the Etude House Zero Sebum Drying Powder to any Princesses looking for a super drying powder. 

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is no longer run or moderated. Please visit me at beccam.net if you want to chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...